How to Be Safe Around the Campfire in Boardman
It’s about that time of year to get your backyard ready for some fun! The time for barbecues, days by the pool, and enjoying the sun is approaching fast. But with the new fun comes a new fire hazard, the campfire.
We all love a nice campfire on summer nights. It’s important however to stay safe while doing so. SERVPRO of East Mahoning County is here with some tips on staying safe around the campfire this year. Here are some tips provided by the NFPA:
- Keep fires at least 25 feet away from structures
- Avoid having fire on windy or dry days
- Watch over children around campfires
- Keep a hose, a bucket of water, and a shovel ready
- NEVER use gasoline to start or enhance a fire
- Practice “Stop, Drop, and Roll”
Keep these tips in mind when having a campfire! If something does happen, and you experience some fire damage, what should you do? That’s simple, call SERVPRO of East Mahoning County!
We have highly trained fire restoration technicians ready to respond to any size disaster. Call us today at (330) 536-7477 or visit our Website to see our full array of fire damage services. No matter the disaster, we’re here to help!