Tips for Safe Grilling This Summer in Boardman, Ohio
Summer is here and everyone has their grill cleaned and ready for cookout season. Families, friends and social gatherings are planned. There are picnics and parties where people will enjoy good company and great cooking. The smells of ribs, hamburgers and hotdogs coming from the grill puts everyone in the mood for good times and great food.
Most everyone has great memories of a summer cookout, but not all end as expected. It is estimated that around 9,000 grilling accidents happen each year in the United States. Some could not be avoided, while some could.
SERVPRO of East Mahoning County wants to make sure your cookout is fun and safe by providing you these 5 safety tips:
- Make sure you review the grill owner’s manual and operation instructions.
- Thoroughly clean the grill, making sure drip trays are empty and all grease is cleaned up.
- Keep grills away from all flammable material and never use a grill inside the home or garage.
- Have an approved fire extinguisher charged and within reach.
- Never walk away while grilling. It only takes a second for a fire to get going.
If a fire occurs and there is smoke or soot damage to your property or possessions, call SERVPRO of East Mahoning County at (330) 536-7477. We are available 24/7/365 to take care of the damage.
We have highly trained professionals that can clean soot, get rid of smoke and fix any damages. SERVPRO of East Mahoning County hopes you have a safe and enjoyable summer of cookouts.
If an accident occurs, SERVPRO of East Mahoning County is ready to help and make it “Like it never even happened.”
Visit us frequently on our facebook page