Gutter Cleaning in Youngstown, OH
Fall is finally upon us! The air is crisp, the leaves begin to change, football season is in full swing and the kids are back in school!
With the beautiful fall foliage comes falling leaves and as a result, piles of leaves all over the ground. Not only do leaves cover our lawns and driveways, but they also accumulate and clog gutters. Clogged gutters are certainly an annoyance, but it left unattended, they can become harmful to the home’s foundation.
Gutters are designed to prevent water damage to the interior or exterior of your home. When it rains, the gutters help remove the water from your rooftop by funneling it to a drain system. If clogged, the system fails and backups, creating a strong chance the water will leak into your home.
Have you ever cleaned your gutters before? Here are some helpful tips to make the process much easier for you!
- Wear long sleeves and gloves. You never know how wet and dirty the leaves actually are up there!
- Use a sturdy ladder. You would be surprised how many people are hurt from falling from ladders while cleaning their gutters! It might be smart to find a ladder with a standoff stabilizer (also called ladder horns). Certain ladders can damage and bend gutters. Using ladder horns lowers the risk for damage.
- Scoop it up! Don't feel like using your hands? Pick up a child's sandbox shovel from the dollar store and start scooping!
- Make clean-up easier by using a plastic tarp. Raking and throwing away leaves is already a time-consuming task, so don’t make your life harder by dumping all the gutter debris on the ground. Take the leaves and debris from your gutter and throw it on a plastic tarp. When you're done gather it up and throw it in a large trash bag.
- Rinse, Rinse, Rinse! You might think you're done after you remove the leaves from your gutter but you actually aren't! Take a garden hose and rinse out the gutters and downspouts to get rid of any excess dirt and debris. This is also a good time to make sure you don’t have any leaks.
If you don’t want to take the time to clean your gutters yourself, or maybe you just don’t feel too secure on a ladder, don’t risk your life! Call SERVPRO of East Mahoning County and we will clean out your gutters and clean up the mess! Call us today! (330) 536-7477
Connect with us on Facebook